Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Getting behind...

I had a couple other "posts" in mind, but because the last week has been so crazy, it just hasn't happened. I plan to get a post about my last week of summer and my classroom changes up soon...but I'm going to go a little out of order and post pictures of the wedding we went to this weekend, because I remember how excited I was to see wedding pictures, and am sure Grant and Courtney feel the same way. :) Grant is one of Robby's oldest friends from Wichita and there was never any question that we would be making the trip to Florida for his wedding. They chose to get married in Pensacola and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! White sand beaches, clear water, and each night it cooled down to the perfect temperature.


Out of all the weddings Rob and I have been to we both agreed we have never seen a couple so giddy and excited to get married as Grant and Courtney were. They were just so happy...the whole weekend...huge goofy smiles on their faces. And whenever I would ask questions about the wedding day they would start talking really fast....as if talking quickly would speed up time and get the day there faster.

Here are a few pictures taken before the welcome dinner on Friday night...


I loved every second of their wedding weekend and felt honored that they asked me to take their wedding photos. Without further ado....the pictures! :)

Just a few detail shots...Grant and Courtney gave all the guests these cute little beach bags stocked with snacks and drinks for the weekend! It definitely came in handy a few times!

They had some delicious cupcakes at the reception! I chose the cookies and cream cupcake for myself and it was PHENOMENAL! This reception had some of the best food I've ever had....scallops, lobster, crab, and all kinds of shrimp! Yum! As you can see they also had a cigar bar...a major hit with all the guys. :)

Everyone spent the day hanging out at the pool before splitting up to let the girls start getting ready while Grant, Katie, Carey, and some family finished up the reception room. 


I loved getting to watch Courtney get ready...the love and excitement in the room was tangible. 

Below is a note from one of Courtney's friends...she read it right before she put on her wedding dress. :)

A few weeks before the wedding Courtney's mom broke her leg in a bad fall. As a result, she was relying on a scooter most of the weekend to get around. We went to her room to have her put Courtney's necklace on right before the ceremony. The necklace was her Great-Grandmothers and came over as a family heirloom from the Czech Republic a long, long time ago. It was beautiful and so neat she got to wear it on her special day. :)


Katie helped out with pictures on the big day and got lots of great shots. I liked the one below because it was one of only about five pictures I ended up in on wedding day! Thanks, Katie. :) 

You'll see Katie's shots sprinkled throughout the post....I think she may have a future in photography. :) 

Getting a little advice from another soon-to-be groom. :) 

Grant with his family before the ceremony. 


Katie got this shot of Grant and his dad. Grant's dad performed the ceremony...it was a pretty neat thing to see him standing up there with his dad waiting for his bride to come down the aisle. 



This shot and the one below are also Katie's!

I thought it was funny that Katie took a picture of me taking the picture below. 



Taking their vows

The kiss!

Going in for their second kiss as a married couple!

A couple pictures with their friends...







After the wedding we took a long walk on the beach to get down to the pier...turns out you have to pay to walk on the pier and you have to have your shoes..which we had ditched long before. However, the long walk gave us a chance to get lots of cute pictures of them walking and I couldn't pick just one to post...so I'm posting three. :) 

\


I loved the pink sky in this one!

Love how you can see the pink clouds in the background.

Katie took this one...Love this shot of the two of them. :) 

Beautiful, happy bride. 


This little boy was adorable...I have at least 5 pictures of him eating his cupcake and they are all this cute. It was hard to narrow down. :)

Grant and his mom, Diana, dancing the night away!


Well, it is getting late so I should probably wrap it up. There are a lot of great reception pictures...but those will have to wait. It was such a beautiful wedding and wonderful weekend...I'm already thinking they should renew their vows and invite us all back again someday! :)

4 comments:

  1. These look AWESOME! Great job Char :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char, these are beautiful!! You know I love wedding photos...especially when my F4 takes them! You have talent, sister. Thank you for sharing these. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pictures look awesome! you and Katie should start a business together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! You did such a great job! Katy

    ReplyDelete