Saturday, October 22, 2011

I love my sister.

Last weekend I took a trip down to visit Betsy in her new home in Arkansas. My cousin Mitchell came to visit Brock and Betsy and I had a great weekend hanging out with my cousins and sister! I took lots of pictures (mostly of Betsy) and thought I would share a few!

On Saturday morning we went to a really great craft fair in War Eagle, Arkansas. It is held at this neat old mill that has a history that goes back to before the civil war. I loved it! They had so many neat things it was overwhelming. Not surprisingly, we purchased more food that anything else. :) Here are some pics from the fair...

IMG_4345

IMG_4346

IMG_4348

IMG_4350

IMG_4362

Then Betsy got a little sassy with the camera...

IMG_4364

IMG_4366

IMG_4369

As you saw in some earlier pictures, the Mill is built right next to a bridge. There are so many people at this craft fair that they only allow people to cross one way at a time so you have to wait in line to get across. I can't remember who came up with the idea to just walk across the river, but I know it wasn't me! Brrrr, that water was cold! And by the time we got across the water, played in the sand, and got our shoes back on, I don't think we saved any time. It was fun though. :)

IMG_4374

IMG_4380

Betsy and Mitt found a random red string sticking out of the sand. It led to this hunt to find the treasure it was connected to...because aren't all red strings connected to treasure? :)

IMG_4396

Inside the Mill....it is still in full operation!

IMG_4339

Lots of the food came fried and on a stick. That is my kind of food.

IMG_4404

After a day at the craft fair, we all went home and took naps. Then Bets and I headed out to a KU watch party for the KU-OU football game. Apparently, all the other NW Arkansas KU grads didn't expect for the game and decided not to show. There was only three of us. :) But we had a blast anyways watching KU really hold their own against such a great team. I really think that the Jayhawks are on the rise and I expect some great things from Turner Gill! Rock Chalk!

IMG_4752

Before we went to the watch party, Betsy let me practice my photo skills with her in their backyard and then a couple places up and down the road around their house. We were kind of chasing the sun the whole time (our lazy afternoon ran a little long...oops!) but I think we got some really great shots. It helps that my sister was one of the most naturally gorgeous people I know and would have looked great with her hair up in a pony tail or wearing a burlap sack. She was so great to just indulge me and I think we got some really great shots. Of course, we still got a few blooper shots. Like this first one.... :)

IMG_4436

IMG_4440

IMG_4444

Pretty much every picture I took makes me jealous of hair. She has the best hair.

IMG_4447

IMG_4460

IMG_4451

Fun Fact about Betsy: She is double jointed. So her arms do weird things that sometimes make it look like her head has done a 180 on her neck. Weird.

IMG_4478-6

Sassy Betsy...

IMG_4475

IMG_4446-2

IMG_4536-2

IMG_4532

IMG_4504

IMG_4512

She loves those cowboy boots. She always said if she had to wear one shoe for the rest of her life...those boots would be it!

IMG_4637

IMG_4674

IMG_4678-2

IMG_4688-2

IMG_4687

IMG_4702

These last couple were some of my favorites even though they were blurry. My sister laughs...a lot....usually at her own jokes. But that's ok, because she is really funny. These are blurry because I was laughing, too and not holding my camera very still. I still love them though. :)

IMG_4731

IMG_4734-2

I already miss my her. Can't wait to go back to Arkansas!

1 comment: