Monday, November 21, 2011

Aloha!

Aloha from Hawaii!

It is currently 8 am here and I've been up for two hours already. To say I'm struggling to adjust to the time change would be an understatement. :) Hence, the early (for me) morning blog. But really it's ok because it is beautiful here and the early wake up call each morning just gives me more time to soak up paradise! Which is exactly what I'm going to go do here in a minute! First I thought I would share a few photos from the trip so far though....

photo

Sorry this next picture is a little dark. If I used flash you couldn't see the pretty background, and I don't have any editing software on my computer to brighten it up. This was from dinner the first night...we went out to celebrate Alan and Rob's (Rob's dad) birthdays.

IMG_4952

At the restaurant...it had a great view overlooking the ocean. Coming from landlocked Kansas, I find that I could stare at the ocean all day long.

IMG_4961

Since we are staying at the same hotel as the players, we see them all over the place. Yesterday I found myself a little starstruck riding in an elevator with the Danny Manning... I almost blurted out "Hi, I'm Charlie! One time I stood behind you in line at the Hutch movie theater...ROCK CHALK!" But I didn't....this time.

Yesterday we were reading on the beach when a bunch of the players (Tyshawn Taylor, Travis Releford, Justin Wesley among the ones I could recognize right off the bat) came sprinting from behind and in to the ocean. It was neat to see them all playing around and jumping in the waves, although all I could think was "Please, please don't hurt yourselves!"

image

I wore some KU gear to dinner last night...anytime you put on something KU you get a lot of "Rock Chalks!" "Let's go Jayhawks!"....that's fun. :)

IMG_4963

Tonight is the first basketball game! I know a lot of you Kansan's may not stay up for it (it is a 7:00 game here, but 11:00 back home...yikes!) but if you do...look for us! They play in a really small gym, so hopefully you can pick us out of the crowd!

photo (1)

I'll try and post once more from Hawaii...if not it will probably be after the weekend considering we are going straight from the airport to the Hutch High State football game! Go Salthawks!!! :) Until then...

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful Char! I wish I was there with you! enjoy your time and we will be looking for you on tv! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete