Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Katie & Moses (Wedding!)

This past weekend I had the honor of photographing Katie and Moses' wedding in Kansas City. you may remember their engagement pictures were up on the blog earlier this year. As I mentioned then, Katie and I worked together at Park Hill South in Kansas City. It was fun to get to see some of my old friends from that school and catch up. I also got to see an old camp friend, Marissa, who came along as my second shooter. Marissa is starting her own photography business in KC and I am SO glad she was able to come help me out. She has got so much talent and it was so great to hear how her photography business was really starting to take off.

Katie is a big crafter....and walking into her apartment I felt like I was walking into a pinterest picture. She had the perfect mix of new and old, shabby chic, bright colors, and classic lines. I love, love, loved it! Later, when we got the wedding and reception site, you could see Katie's DIY touches EVERYWHERE. And it was BEAUTIFUL! Katie thought of everything....from a video booth, to a photo booth, to a scavenger hunt game for the kids. And with it being on St. Patrick's day, there were little Irish touches everywhere. The best part though, of course, was just seeing Katie and Mo together. Lots of times at weddings the bride and groom get separated as they try to entertain all of their guests, talk to everyone that came to support them, etc. etc. I felt all night like Katie and Mo were a real team....rarely were the separated, and when they were, you could literally see them scanning the room for each other before taking off to join back up together. If their wedding day was any indication....their marriage will be off to a great start. :)

Now, on to the pictures! Prepare yourself....I had a hard time narrowing it down!

IMG_6958

IMG_6964-2

IMG_7033-3

Katie and her friends made all of the bouquets for the wedding. They were all so cute! I loved how they added a little green shamrock in honor of St. Patrick's day.

IMG_6976

Each of the girls were allowed to pick their own dress for the wedding...it just had to be gray or yellow. I loved how it ended up all coming together. As Katie put it "very anthropology."

IMG_6995

IMG_7067

IMG_7012

IMG_7036

IMG_7046

Marissa's shot of Mo getting ready...

katie and mo 053

Here is Katie....waiting to see Mo for the first time....

IMG_7533

IMG_7530

Their first look...I love the emotion on Mo's face.

IMG_7556

The pic below is Marissa's angle on the first look...

katie and mo 119

It was a VERY windy day out, so while we didn't get all the pictures we had been hoping for, we did brave it for a while. :)

IMG_7679-2

IMG_7669-2

Marissa's group shot below!

katie and mo 194

IMG_7684

IMG_7687-2

IMG_7691

IMG_7702

IMG_7742-2

IMG_7756-2

There was this cute little farm kitty that wanted to get in on the pictures. You may spot her in a few of the group shots. :)

IMG_7767-2

IMG_7779

IMG_7788

IMG_7793

So many of the pictures of Katie reminded me of something you would see in a vintage bridal magazine...such a classic look!

IMG_7812-4

IMG_7886-2

IMG_7910

IMG_7915

These next two pictures remind of something you would see in Time magazine....they make me think of old editorial pictures of JFK and Jackie.

IMG_7921-2

IMG_7923

Just some of the little touches throughout the wedding....

IMG_7945

IMG_7243

IMG_8227

IMG_7459

IMG_8400

The ceremony was beautiful...I found myself at times getting distracted by the words and forgetting to take pictures. :) Don't worry...I still got some good ones. :)

IMG_8426

IMG_8419

IMG_8420

IMG_8429-2

The reception was a blast...here are a few shots to close out the post!

IMG_8542

IMG_8513

IMG_8870

IMG_9016

IMG_8665

IMG_8486

That's all (I know...its a lot!) for now...I'll be back over the next couple days with more posts! Spring break gives me lots of time to blog. :)

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THEM ALL!! You got some fantastic shots Charlie, way to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete