Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ian and Jessica: Engagement Pictures

This past weekend I got to take engagement pictures for one of my oldest friends. Ian is a year younger than me, but I often tend to forget that. We grew up going to school, church, and more together. He came to my birthday parties I went to his. My junior year he was my date to the Sadie Hawkins dance. When I was 4 I cut my finger off in his basement....and I like to blame him for it...luckily they were able to reattach it. :) Ian only has brothers and I loved my role as his stand in big sister. He still starts almost all of his texts, messages, or facebook posts to me with a "Hey Big Sis!" Love it. In middle school we started swing dancing together. His parents would teach swing dancing lessons around town and we would be their "models." They would describe the move, we would demonstrate it. The first time we swung dance together was at the middle school dance. The one year where I was in high school and he was in the 8th grade was a huge bummer because we couldn't show off our skills. :) But every dance after that we would tear it up whenever Zoot Suit Riot would come on (we were usually the ones who requested it). We even got to swing dance at my wedding (minus the flip, for obvious reasons :)). Here are a few pictures that Annie Werner took that night....so much fun!


Ian and me4 ian and me3 Ian and me5 And just to go back a little further...Ian and I after the Salthawks won their very first state championship. Ian and me Ok...enough of memory lane. We split Ian and Jessica's photo session up in to two smaller sessions due to some time constraints. The first night we did all the ones in the Red Sox shirts and the next night we mixed it up with some downtown shots and country shots. I had the HARDEST time narrowing it down. I loved so many pictures! Hope you enjoy your preview guys....can't wait to photograph your wedding in less than a year! :) IMG_9693 IMG_9776 Loved the sun in these next couple shots. IMG_9845 IMG_9850 IMG_9855-2 IMG_0107 IMG_0006 IMG_0129 IMG_0715 IMG_0722 We went up to Sunflower Electric to take a few pics since that is where they got engaged. We had plans to go up to the roof, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the effort (this was after Ian was already on the roof...oops! :)). But that was ok because I was OBSESSED with the inside of the building. I must have talked for 20 minutes straight about how they need to turn it into an event space. They have a huge elevator to transport people up, plenty of room for tables, bars, dance floors, etc. And the MOST AMAZING windows. I loved them. Here are a few pics so you can see how neat this space was, too. IMG_0848 IMG_0851 IMG_0867 IMG_0918 IMG_0934-2 On to some country shots... IMG_1022 IMG_1032 IMG_1062 IMG_1065 IMG_1089 IMG_1104 IMG_1110 IMG_1122 IMG_1132-2 IMG_1163 IMG_1198 IMG_1292 Ok, all done! And to think I had so many more I wanted to share! Thanks again, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment