Monday, January 14, 2013

Basketball season is upon us!

We moved on from football to basketball pretty quickly. Ted has actually been practicing since mid-fall and Joe played in the state game on a Saturday and started basketball practice on Monday. No rest for the weary! I have been able to make it to two of Ted's game and four or five of Joe's games so far! Hoping to get to some more of Tedder's soon and catch a few more of Joe's before the season is up! I truly enjoy cheering them on...more than almost anything else. My idea of a fun Friday night these days is sitting with my family in the stands as I watch one of the boys play. I just love it! Here are some of my pictures from this years basketball season!

Up first, Tedder-eddie! He is such a passionate person...about everything in life...and I love seeing that passion on the court. He truly loves this game and it shows when he gives his all every minute, every play, every game.

IMG_0110

IMG_0121

IMG_0122

IMG_0127

IMG_0128

IMG_0145

I'm sure it drives the boys nuts that I take pictures even when they aren't playing...but I want to document the whole experience! :)
IMG_0169

IMG_0171

IMG_0173

IMG_8928

Can't decide if I like the color or b/w version better so I'm posting both. Love that Sterling prays with other teams after the game. :)
IMG_8945

IMG_8945-2

On to Joe Henry! While the team had a bit of a sluggish start. It is hard going from the football field to the basketball court...let's just say they all got a lot of fouls during the first few games. :) Joe has moved into the starting rotation this year and just like when Ted was in high school, I just LOVE it when they say his name during introductions and he gets to run and slap hands with the little fans and student section. So fun!
IMG_8281

IMG_8283

Brody waiting to meet Joe during introductions while he was injured! Don't worry, he is all better and back in action! :)
IMG_8290

IMG_8292

IMG_8299

IMG_8301

IMG_8306

IMG_8312

IMG_8318

I know this is blurry, but recently on the Hutch News sports talk show they were just singing Joe Henry's praises. Talking about how much he does for this team and how he is kind of the "Dennis Rodman, garbage man" type guy (which as Bets said, let's hope that is the ONLY time he is compared to Dennis Rodman). They have taken to calling him "The Tower of Dower" and said it isn't very often you see the big guy diving for balls and going all out every play. So I felt like I had to post this picture of him diving. Love it. IMG_8330
IMG_8335

This picture cracks me up. Joe is holding his hand up as to say "I'm open, I'm open!" Ummm, Joe. You are NOT open. Four on one just doesn't seem fair. :)
IMG_8342

IMG_8348

IMG_8729

IMG_8731

Of course, it is also basketball season for Savannah! Just a few pictures of my other favorite #33! IMG_8258

IMG_8259

IMG_8262

IMG_8273

IMG_8277



No comments:

Post a Comment