Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, Tedder!

So I don't normally do birthday posts for everybody. I find they are a source of stress for me if I don't get them up in time, then I'll feel bad if I miss somebody (like how I'm kind of feeling bad now I didn't do one for Bets...sorry sis.). BUT these have been big birthdays for the boys! Plus, it gives me a chance to share some fun, old family photos!

Tedder turns 21 today. I can't hardly believe it. Literally, when I was pulling some pictures off of facebook I almost started crying. I sat there and rationalized my rush of emotions by thinking to myself, "this is normal...and if people think it isn't...then those people just don't get it, because they are my baby brothers. Tedder is just a kid." It is easy for me to think "I am grown-up...I can do all the grown-up things...but Tedder is just a baby. He can't be old enough to be in college? He definitely can't be old enough to drink beer now?!" WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!

I decided I don't care how old they get...I will always call him my baby brother, or my little brother despite the fact he is now a legally-able-to-drink-beer, almost-done-with-college, 6'6" person. I feel this way about both Ted and Joe. And if I keep typing about it, I will start crying. Moving on.

I am so proud of the man Tedder is becoming. He has grown so much in his time at Sterling, and while we liked to refer to him as "Awesome Ted" when he was younger...he has only become more awesome in the last few years. I love showing him off to people. I love bragging about him. I just love him.

Here a few fun old pics to enjoy. Happy Birthday, Teddereddie....I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!


image

 Goodness...wasn't he just the cutest.
  image_1

image_2

 *Note to self...find the sweatshirt Mom is wearing and steal it next time I'm home. image_3

image_4

image_5

image_6

The next picture is our family trip to Chicago...one of favorite family vacations and definitely the source of some of the best Dower family vacay stories. image_7

image_8

And just a few from Bets and Ted's joint birthday celebration! Seriously...they could be twins. :) photo

image_6 (2)

image_5 (2)\


1 comment:

  1. Great post, great pics, great memories! I LOVE my family!

    ReplyDelete