Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Steph and Kevin | Engaged!

This past weekend I had the absolute pleasure of taking Steph and Kevin's engagement pictures. We were actually supposed to take these pictures in December, but had to reschedule. A few days before we were supposed to meet up, I got an email from Steph. It turns out her and Kevin had been in a terrible car accident on their way home from Thanksgiving. They were stopped on the highway for construction (or maybe another accident) when they were hit from behind by a car going 75 miles per hour. Steph was life-flighted out to one hospital while Kevin was taken to another. They showed me pictures of the car. How anybody came out of that accident alive is a miracle in and of itself. To be fully recovered with little to no residual pains or injuries. As you will see in these pictures...they looked amazing. The whole time they kept sharing different stories that came out of the accident. They couldn't stop talking about how grateful they were for their friends and family, and how I better be ready for an emotional wedding. Considering I wanted to tear up at the site of a picture of their reunion in the hospital...I am pretty sure I will sob like a baby at the wedding. I told them I needed to apologize in advance if all of their pictures are blurry because I thought through my tears they looked in focus enough.

Now on to their pictures....first picture, the ones of their reunion in the hospital. Amazing. Fun story, Kevin told me in his post-accident, post-surgery, drug-induced state he insisted upon wearing a collared shirt so he looked nice for Steph....but sweatpants because he still wanted to be comfortable. Loved that.


IMG_0717

IMG_0723

 And another just because it is a closer up of the photo itself. IMG_0718

 I told Rob when I got home, "those two made picture taking easy." It was hard to narrow down pictures just for the blog because I loved so many of them.

  IMG_0655

IMG_0669-2

IMG_0676

IMG_0714

IMG_0724

IMG_9214

IMG_9220

IMG_0737

IMG_0763

IMG_0773

Steph said her ring was completely bent out of shape in the accident, but her finger and hand were left unharmed. Incredible.
IMG_0782

 Kevin proposed by giving Steph this bible. IMG_0813

IMG_0787

IMG_0830

IMG_0841

IMG_0851

IMG_0877

IMG_0885

IMG_0909

While on our way to a different cafe, we happened upon this really neat little row of coffee houses. So fun! IMG_0976

IMG_0999

IMG_1014

IMG_1026

IMG_9321

Whenever Steph and Kevin leave his parents' house, his mom would always pray that God go before and behind them and keep them safe. When Steph first started coming to after the accident, she kept saying "before and behind, before and behind." It wasn't until later that her family realized why she was saying that. They both now wear bracelets that say "Before and Behind" on them.

IMG_1055

IMG_1065

IMG_1082-2

IMG_1086

IMG_1109

IMG_1113

IMG_1142

Thanks for choosing me to take your pictures guys! Can't wait until the wedding! :)

3 comments:

  1. You have captured my sister and soon to be brother n' law perfectly! In words and in pictures! I love them! Fantastic job! Can't wait until the big day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Steph and Kevin’s engagement! They seem like a very lovely couple. They are very lucky and blessed to both have survived the car crash too. It is a miracle indeed. I am sure that it would be a part of their wedding speeches that would make everyone tear up.

    Guadalupe Puthoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin and Steph’s photo when they reunited after the accident is just priceless. They are so fortunate to both have survived the car crash. It seems like they truly are meant to be together for long. Kindly send my congratulations to them on their engagement. I can see that Kevin and Steph will make a wonderful couple.

    Fe Penley

    ReplyDelete