Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sam and Halie are married!

Yesterday I had the honor of documenting Sam and Halie's wedding day. It's getting late and I still have to proof my final exam I'm giving later this week, so I'm going to jump straight to the pictures...as always I had a hard time narrowing it down!

 First up, a picture of the bride getting ready...they had a morning wedding so we got to the church bright and early. There was so much excitement and energy though you would never know the sun had just risen! :)

  IMG_1555

I loved Halie's bouquet...the light pinks were so classic and feminine. With that being said, Halie is a bit of a tomboy and at one point, after a second rose had fallen off her bouquet, she exclaimed, "Geez! I have GOT to stop being so aggressive with my bouquet!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Don't worry...her bouquet was still beautiful at ceremony time. :)

  IMG_1876

Halie and her beautiful 'maids...

  IMG_2082-2

The bride and groom made their exit on a classic (retired) fire truck...how cool is that?! Since it was sitting out in the parking lot while we were getting pictures before the wedding we, of course, had a grab a few with the truck!

  IMG_2284

IMG_2332

A prayer in the bridal room before the ceremony started....

  IMG_2563

Father of the bride getting ready to give his little girl away...

  IMG_2618

While I have of course heard many songs sang at weddings, I have never before been to a wedding where the bride and groom invited their guests stand up and sing together in worship. They picked three of the most perfect wonderful songs that not only gave so much glory to the Lord, but whose lyrics were so perfect for what was taking place that day...the covenant with God that Sam and Halie were entering in to. I love this next picture...the silhouettes of the bride and groom....and most importantly the words on the screen.

  IMG_2631

This next picture was a gem I didn't even know I had. As I was grabbing a few pictures for this post I pulled this one up on my computer screen. I wish I had taken note of the way Scott and Shanda were looking at Sam and Halie then...but I was too focused on the bride and groom. So even though they aren't in focus, I thought this picture was definitely worth posting.

  IMG_2673

IMG_2743

 I just loved these next two pictures. It was kind of windy out when we first arrived at the Highlands but we decided to try and squeeze in a few more pictures anyways. And I'm so glad we did. :)

  IMG_2935IMG_2944

 I ran back up to the reception to see if they wanted any family pictures outside and left Halie and Sam waiting in a little alcove away from the wind. When I came back I peeked over the railing and they were being SO sweet. I wish I had had my camera up and ready. I grabbed it as quick as I could and snapped a picture after they spotted me. I think Halie looks so incredibly happy....just pure joy in her expression. :)

  IMG_3025-2

 Cake-cutting!

  IMG_3157IMG_3171

And one last one of the bride and one more of the happy couple to end the post. Sam and Halie, thank you so much for letting me photograph your wedding day! Hope you're having so much fun in Breckenridge!

  IMG_3229IMG_3230

No comments:

Post a Comment