Wednesday, November 21, 2012

State Bound!

Last Friday I watched maybe one of the most exciting high school football games I've ever seen. With that being said, I was so nervous the whole time I didn't eat dinner beforehand and still thought I was going to throw up over the railing. Hutch played Derby for the second time this year and the first game was as close as we thought it could get. We were wrong.

Hutch won the game 29-28....BY ONE POINT! Hutch won on a two point conversion play with only 54 seconds left on the clock. The stands went CRAZY! Joe Henry had a GREAT game! The next three pictures were taken by Bob Hunter and showcase his three best plays of the game!

First up, during a broken play Joe found himself open and made an amazing catch on an impressive throw from Trevor Turner for 22 yards! And just when Hutch needed it...if not for that, we would have had to punt!

pass reception

 Punt Recovery! Derby fumbled during a Hutch punt and Joe Henry recovered the ball. YAY JOE!
  punt recovery

 Block on the 2 point conversion!!! He just laid this kid out...blocked him so hard he skidded across the field.
  block

After sacking the quarterback for a loss of yards, then a Tanner Higgins interception, the game was officially Hutch's. And people went crazy! There were grown men yelling "WE ARE HUTCH!" and townspeople trying to run out to the football huddle that was celebrating with the Sub-State trophy. Haha...I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love small towns.

I took off through the crowd to try and find Joe Henry. I just followed my Dad as he cut through everybody. Then we spotted Joe right as he spotted Savannah. I so wish I had gotten their reunion and Joe and my Dad's embrace on camera. Joe is usually pretty stoic after games. Happy, sure...but he doesn't show a ton of emotion. This game was different. He was as excited as I've ever seen him. He just kept hugging and embracing Savannah, family, friends, other players, other parents. Those first couple hugs he gave to Savannah and my Dad were just awesome. Luckily, I caught some others on camera. Here are some pictures from after the game!


IMG_5923

 Joe and our Momma...she was maybe the next most excited person after you get past all of the football players. :)
IMG_5929

IMG_5931

IMG_5932

IMG_5934

IMG_5943

IMG_5944-2

IMG_5945

IMG_5947

IMG_5948

IMG_5950-2

IMG_5951

IMG_5953

IMG_5954

IMG_5955

Beans and two of his best friends...Tanner and Dakota had incredible games as well. The seniors really carried this team to victory. Love these kids.
  IMG_5958

photo (1)

 This was supposed to be a picture of Joe and some of his best friends (including the non-football players)...but before I knew it people were literally JUMPING into the picture. Just too much excitement...people couldn't contain it. :)
  IMG_5964

IMG_5971

Walking off the field...No more pictures, please. :)
IMG_5974

 Football moms!
IMG_5976

 Another reason I love small towns? The Saturday after the game, four football moms spent all day working on yard signs then spent most of Sunday putting them in yards. Now everybody in Hutch knows who is headed to state. I love it.
  photo (1)

I'm already nervous about the state game, but trying not to think about it too much. Shawnee Mission West and Hutch played in the 2006 championship. Hutch won by a touchdown, but even Coach Dreiling says it was one of the most physical games he has ever played. Should be a tough game! GO SALTHAWKS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment