Thursday, November 1, 2012

Introducing Joanna Grace...

Yesterday I posted a couple of teaser pictures of a very special little girl. Joanna Grace is the daughter of our best friends Will and Katie, thus making her our new favorite tiny person. You may remember Will and Kate from a blog post a long time ago when we went to Kansas City to celebrate their anniversary. Little did we know then that less than 11 months later their world would get so much sweeter. We have been itching to get up to KC ever since she was born a week ago and it came down to making a quick drive up mid-week so we could meet this little girl! And let me tell you...she was wonderful. I just wanted to hold her the whole time. If I could have taken all my pictures with her in my arms, I would have.

Here is Rob meeting her...I think it was love at first sight.

IMG_5398

 We love her!

  IMG_5764

At this point everything she does is "THE CUTEST THING EVER"...and I have a feeling that won't change any time soon. At least for us...ask her parents if her crying in the middle of the night is "the cutest thing ever" and they may have a different answer. When we first got there she was stretching everywhere. It was like she couldn't get over the fact that she had all this room to stretch and kept kicking out a leg or arm. Adorable. Cutest thing ever.

  IMG_5399

 Then we went up to her room to hang out a bit and snap a few pics. IMG_5418

I have a lot of pictures like this on my camera. Rob just wanted to touch her, hold her, love on her the whole time we were there.

IMG_5419

IMG_5420

She wasn't so sure about me and my clicking black box. She just wanted to stay close to her momma.

  IMG_5432

IMG_5435

IMG_5438

Will and Katie's new normal...baby juggling. :) IMG_5443

Hi, sweet girl!

IMG_5455

IMG_5464

She crossed her eyes at me a lot. It was adorable. Cutest thing ever. IMG_5476

IMG_5481

IMG_5483

IMG_5496

IMG_5496-2

This was when she started to think "Yeah, not a fan of this whole 'Posing for pictures' thing." Or maybe she was conflicted since Robby kept asking "can I hold her yet? Are you done? Can I pick her up again?"

 IMG_5501

But then she looked at me all so sweetly and I knew she didn't mind the pictures.
 IMG_5503

IMG_5508

Then we let Rob hold her for a bit. IMG_5515

Then back to pictures. This next series I was just sure she was raising an eyebrow at me. So much personality for such a tiny person! IMG_5522

IMG_5525

IMG_5527

Joanna's new normal.

IMG_5549

IMG_5556

 Little Jayhawk fan in the making!!! IMG_5577

IMG_5579

IMG_5583

IMG_5586

IMG_5592

A few more of the pumpkin shots you didn't get to see yesterday.
 IMG_5625

IMG_5632

IMG_5638

IMG_5653

IMG_5659

IMG_5660

IMG_5667

IMG_5680

IMG_5703

Whenever we would try to stretch her out or pose her, she would curl back up like this. I loved the way she would touch her little feet together.
  IMG_5743

IMG_5775

IMG_5785

She is adored by her parents. And everyone else who meets her. IMG_5795

IMG_5805

IMG_5817

IMG_5828

IMG_5844

IMG_5847

IMG_5855

IMG_5860


Congrats Will and Katie! I love you and I love your beautiful daughter!!!

5 comments:

  1. Charlie, these are wonderful. Thank you for making it easier for this great aunt to keep waiting to get to meet her. Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING, Charlie! Anyway you can photoshop Aunt Holly into a couple of these? We love her sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... I can't get enough. Char, your photos are completely gorgeous, but with a baby that beautiful I'm not surprised. You perfectly captured this wonderful family! AND I'm incredibly jealous you already got to meet her... can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Renaissance class thinks the flower lid/headband/head piece what ever it is.. is our favorite picture!

    Love,
    The Renaissance Team

    #babyswag

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured this little one so well! Congrats to such a wonderful family :)

    ReplyDelete