Thursday, November 29, 2012

State Football

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. The weekend after Thanksgiving we had the opportunity to watch my little brother play in one last football game. While the game didn't go the way we would have liked, it was a privilege to even watch him play. I know there a lot of kids who would have given up just about anything to have the chance to play in a state football championship game and Joe got to play in TWO! And he even won one! I truly believe that 8 times of 10 Hutch would have beaten that team. Unfortunately, this just wasn't one of those times. I spent most of the game curled up in an ball because I was so nervous, and after the game I was so sad. I was so sad for Joe and his friends...they deserved that win! They wanted it so bad! But as my mom whispered something in Joe's ear I saw him smile and knew if he was ok, then I shouldn't be as sad as I was. When I asked her what she said she told me (and this will be a bit paraphrased), she said "I told him my joy doesn't come from watching him win a football game, it comes from watching him do something he loves with people he loves. And I told him I was proud of him." It was just a game. :) Here are a few pictures from that day!


The town pep rally the night before the game...
IMG_8143

Bones giving his speech

IMG_8145

Love a good town turnout :)
IMG_8146

IMG_8152

IMG_8160

Coach Dreiling asking the town to come out and support the boys the next day!
IMG_8162

Getting introduced before the game
IMG_8197

Coach Nac went around and shook hands with all the players...Joe got an extra pat on the head. :)
IMG_8206

IMG_8208

Dreiling went down the line shaking hands with each of the seniors. I teared up watching.
IMG_0018

IMG_0023

Great signs, girls! :)
IMG_0009

IMG_0034

IMG_0040

IMG_0046

IMG_0055

IMG_8253

IMG_0061

IMG_0064

It was a truly great season and I couldn't be more proud of Joe Henry and his teammates!

No comments:

Post a Comment