Monday, July 4, 2011

Final Piece of the Puzzle..

*Ok...I wrote the whole post below last Wednesday...but my camera was upstairs and I was too lazy to get it, plus I didn't want to have to go up and get the cord to hook my iPhone...then things got busy, Robby left for the lake, I left for Oklahoma, so on and so forth and five days later here is the post! :)

Our final piece of furniture arrived yesterday! We got a new chair from Robby's parents to match our couch in our upstairs living room as a housewarming present. We picked out an oversized chair (a chair and a half or whatever they call it) and ottoman. It was amazing how we got in it in and the room suddenly felt so much smaller, but in a good way, in a "now it is complete except for the fireplace I so desperately want" way. So when you look at the pictures below, just envision a fireplace up against that big blank wall between the couch and chair. It will fit perfectly between two windows already in place! :)


Ignore the paint swatches on the wall...we are attempting to narrow down the colors...while the current colors are by no means bad, I want something a little bit cooler...so we are looking at some grays and gray blues.

We are also on the hunt for a new "entertainment" center...I want something that is more a piece of furniture and pretty in and of itself then something that's sole purpose is to hold a TV. We'll see what I can find!

My mom is back from Africa and made the trek over to Newton yesterday with a friend to see the house with everything moved in! After the chair got here we decided to go grab some lunch.We got in the car and realized I didn't know anything about where to eat in town. So we drove down to Main Street and happened upon a place called Prairie Harvest that I had seen or heard about in passing. Turns out it is an adorable little whole foods store that also has a little deli inside. After we ate we wandered around for a while. It is essentially four stores that are all connected through a big hallway. I bought a fresh loaf of oatmeal bread (that is delicious and is already almost half gone), some all natural jalapeno chedder puffs, and some lavendar scented all purpose (all natural:)) house cleaner. Here are a few pics from our shopping excursion. I'm excited to bring friends here when they come to visit Newton! :)

You shopped with little wicker baskets...loved that!

I also loved the old fashioned packaging on the candies!

Jean and I with our baskets...excuse the blurriness on all of these pictures...I only had my iphone on me!

They had lots of funny dish towels that made me chuckle. I took pictures of some others but can't get them to load for some reason.

I love all things wheat. I love all things Kansas I suppose and wheat is just a default of that. I even carried wheat stalks in my bouquet when we got married! :)

Fresh jams from the area! :)

I'll be back soon with a fun post about my brothers! :)

1 comment:

  1. are you wearing the yellow shorts you bought when you were with me in that last picture? Me like!

    ReplyDelete