Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Girls Weekend

I love Rob. He is wonderful in so many ways...he cooks me dinner regularly, he does all our laundry, and he makes me laugh. I love living with him...as he likes to put it, he is "just a really great roommate." With all that being said, I can't wear his shoes (well I could, but it would look silly). Nor can I ask him to curl the back of my hair or do my eye make up for me. And when I'm bored with all my clothes, I can't just jump over to his side of the closet and dig out something new to wear. This is where the necessary girls weekends come into play! I love flashing back to college when we all lived together, wore each others clothes on the regular (sometimes more than I wore my own), had friends do my make up before a night out, or tease my hair up real nice so it looks like I actually have some volume.

This past weekend I trekked down to Dallas to visit Mags and Mal in their sassy new place. Mal just took the BAR exam, Mags got a promotion, Ber took a new job and is moving to Denver, Em is finishing up school and getting ready to student teach (and her mom is making an awesome recovery), and I just moved to Newton and am getting ready to start up at Collegiate. We had a lot of reasons to celebrate...and celebrate we did!

We spent our weekend eating some great meals (another one of my favorite parts of these girls weekends!), going dancing at night (or sometimes just watching the dancers from the side of the dance floor knowing we couldn't compete...ladies...I'm specifically thinking of the man in the fruit loops t-shirt...he had some moves.:)), at the pool, or just hanging out at the apartment catching up on life.

I didn't take near as many pictures as I would have liked, but hopefully Em will post some on facebook soon and I can steal some of hers. So to make up for my lack of pictures, I will fill in a few of my favorite memories! I loved Saturday...all day. :) We filled a cooler with some beer, orange soda, water, and lots of candy bars and popsicles for a day at the pool. We got there early, got some great spots in the sun....then the hot people party showed up. We're pretty sure it was a birthday party for somebody who worked at a fitness gym...because everybody that showed up was just ripped. Girls and guys alike....alllll muscle. So much so that you couldn't help but think "seriously....is it a requirement to have an 8 pack of abs to be let in to this place!" Needless to say...they probably didn't pack up a days worth of candy bars and popsicles in their coolers. Despite the over crowding of muscles at the pool...I loved just laying around in the sun (well mostly in the water...it was freaking hot out!) catching up on everything and plotting out the next 10 years of girls reunions. I also loved all of our meals out, but my favorite was probably going to this place called Gloria's. Holy deliciousness. It was SO good! And we met up with a few more Dallas friends and had a blast just laughing and catching up with them, while simultaneously shoveling their delicious chips and queso into our mouths at a rapid rate. And last but not least....the karaoke cab! We were switching hangouts around midnight on Saturday and ended up in the COOLEST cab. In my opinion, we should have just stayed in the cab all night! We had a blast belting out some awesome tune...my favorite of which I don't even know the name...I just loved that it came on and Emma freaked out with excitement, grabbed a mike, and started singing along to a song that I'm pretty sure nobody else knew. Loved. It.

Here are a few of the pictures I did take...
Girls getting ready....one of my favorite parts of all girls trips! So much excitement for the night ahead!

Putting on make up isn't the same now...Robby lends me entirely too much counter space. It is so much more fun when you are bumping elbows and trying to get more mirror space. :)

After our Target run to stock up for the pool day...Mags was bumpin' it in the car to some Nelly songs, rocking her new sunglasses (with the tags still on them). :)
We cleaned up real nice. :)

I love these girls! I wish all of our 1301 people had been there!
My partner in crime for the weekend! And by PIC I mean the person who got as tired as I did by about midnight and was willing to go home with me early (early being 1:45 am) after we realized we just couldn't hang like we did when we were 21 anymore! Love you Emma!

Karaoke Cab!!!!! WOOOOO!

I'll try and come back with more pictures soon. Until then...I'm off to try and start on some house projects. Hoping to knock a few out before I have to report back to school in less than two weeks! Eek! Where did the summer go?!




2 comments: