Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love a good wedding

Yesterday I got to watch a friend I have known since kindergarten marry the love of her life. And I loved it. I loved seeing her excitement, her happiness....I just loved being witness to her big day. Chelsea and I went to school K-12 together and grew up "across the ditch" from each other. We lived a block away from each other and would often meet up at this ditch between our houses to go ride our bikes around the neighborhood or swim at her house, come over to my house and play with my siblings. We even spent one summer buying up wedding magazines at Hastings and making "wedding binders"....cutting and pasting pictures for our dream wedding someday. Well, she had hers last night and it was gorgeous. I had the best time catching up with some friends and laughing really hard with my Mom. Seriously...we were cracking each other up left and right. And once we hooked up with my friend Meg and her mom....there was no stopping the four of us. :)
I'm so happy for Chels and Derek and so glad she asked me to come and help document some of the day! I thought I would put up a little preview of pictures for them to see before they jet off for their honeymoon! Have so much fun guys!

First up....photos of her dress....it was gorgeous and absolutely perfect on her!



Giving her mom a little loving.



I loved watching her Dad watch his only daughter get ready for her wedding. I can only imagine the thoughts and emotions running through his head. 
















The bridesmaids were having a blast all day!



 Wedding dresses can be very heavy! Especially when it is 95 degrees outside. 

 Beautiful bouquet! In the second picture you can better see her grandmother's broach...it was gorgeous!


 I spotted some of my favorite people across the aisle before the ceremony started! 
Love that Lanning/Carey family! 




 I have so many expression shots of Chels throughout the ceremony I could have made a whole collage of them! This one was one of my favorites though. :)





 The parents of the bride looked wonderful...and so happy!

 I love these girls....and I love that now when we take pictures together and they have their cute little babies hanging around with us, too!

Yay! Congrats, Chels....you looked absolutely beautiful!

Whew....lots of pictures. I'm waiting for my Arkansas ones to load right now so I'll be back with another post soon!





1 comment: