Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby Joe is 18!!!

My littlest brother is 18 years old!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! I still have vivid memories of the day he was born. My parents never found out what they were having, so I found out I had another little brother at gymnastics that day. We went up to meet him that night, then my Mimi made us sloppy joe sandwiches in honor of his arrival!

image_3

 He completed our family in the best way. My mom always said she wanted six kids. My dad wanted two. We joke that "they compromised at four." But all of us know why they really stopped at four...because once Joe was born my mom just knew, this was it. Our family was complete. As my dad said after they announced it was a boy "the balance of power has been restored!" But really, Joe was just the perfect end piece to our family puzzle. I look back at family pictures before he was born and it just doesn't seem right...if all four kids aren't in the picture...it just isn't right.
 
image_2

image_1

He is the true baby of the family, we all dote on him, but he loves us back just as much. Being the baby, I'm pretty sure his feet didn't touch the ground for the first two years of his life. We just wanted to hold him all the time and even today that resonates in his personality. He is a hugger. And he loves being close to people, whether it is us, Savannah, or even just his friends.

  image

 I am seriously so proud of this kid. I could go on and on, but I'm going to try and save some of that for when I finally post his senior pictures. For now, a few pictures from his birthday.

 He had a game on his birthday, but I still wanted people to know it was his birthday. Although I don't think they needed me reminding them...at one point the entire student section broke out in the happy birthday song. He is loved. :) He is also a good sport. :)
image (5)

photo (5)

I even had his friends put on party hats! :)

IMG_8354

 We went out to Applebee's afterwards...I made him and Savs take a picture with the heart shaped onion ring.
image_1 (2)

 Love my not so little, not so baby brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment