Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a truly wonderful Christmas this year! As always, I find myself spending the few days after Christmas really taking in how blessed Rob and I are. While some people spend the holiday alone (which I can't hardly think about, it makes me want to cry) or even just away from their families, Rob and I are blessed to get to spend it with BOTH of our families. We spent Christmas Eve with his family at his grandparents house in Hutch. Most of his cousins and his sister were with their in-laws this year so it was a much smaller group than usual. But it was fun to all be around one table for our meal that night. I didn't take my camera and thought I had a few pictures on my phone but I didn't. Next year I will do a much better job of documenting the festivities!

To kick off the Christmas weekend, Hyde Park hosted their annual Luminaria! I LOVE the luminaries and have SO many great memories walking around with friends, welcoming people to my parents house, and more. It is a truly beautiful night and a true Hutchinson tradition. Joe arrived home just in time to help light candles.
  IMG_0430

 He brought friends to help out, too. I tried to get a picture of them lighting bags, too, but it turned out blurry. I thought it was still kind of pretty though. :) IMG_0433

 My parents' corner on the night of luminaries. photo (7)

 As we have every year we went to First Presbyterian Church's Christmas Eve service. We have been doing this since before we were even married...just not together. It was at this Christmas Eve service that Robby first saw me handing out programs (and still could tell you to this day exactly what I was wearing!). I love reflecting on that every year. :)
image_3 (2)

image_1 (3)

After church with our sibs...just missing Ruthie and Ryan (and Savs!). image_2 (3)

After Christmas Eve service, and after dinner at his grandparents, we headed back to my folks to spend the night and next morning. Joe will probably kill me for this, but oh well. :) I love just hanging out in the living room with my fam!

  image (6)

image_3 (3)

My parents' living room has a lot of golds and yellows in it giving off a very gold/warm glow in all my pictures. At first I was going through and correcting it, but then i decided I kind of loved it. That is how the room felt, very warm and cozy. So the first couple ones are "fixed"...the last few are just straight off the camera. :)
  IMG_0437

 My parents getting ready to open one of the boys Christmas gifts...Taboo!!! We played a lot of Taboo over the next 24 hours.

IMG_0438

IMG_0439

Matt's first Christmas with our family! :) IMG_0442

 As always, my mom read the Polar Express and my dad read Twas the Night Before Christmas to us. I love this tradition. Even as I'm writing this I'm chuckling just a bit because I think of recently when at a baby shower you were asked to share a favorite holiday tradition. She said this one and mentioned that at one point her and my dad asked if we wanted them to keep reading and we of course said "YES!" She said, "So now if you look in our window on Christmas Even we're just a bunch of adults sitting around reading children's books." Still love it.
  IMG_0444

IMG_0446

The boys really wanted to open a present, so Bets and I picked one for them. Needless to say, we got them these hats. Love this little photo series even if I did have the wrong focus set on my camera for a few of them. :)
IMG_0453

IMG_0456

IMG_0457

Joe loves his hat!
IMG_0458
BEST FRIENDS!
 IMG_0459

Blurry Christmas Jammies. IMG_0460

On to Christmas morning! IMG_0470

IMG_0471

We are so spoiled and we know it. IMG_0474

Rob's gift from my brothers. :) IMG_0476

The boys were very proud of their Christmas shopping and wrapping this year! :) IMG_0477

Note the arrow that says "Cute Brother" and points to a picture of Joe. I said "Wow did you save that just for this?" and Joe said "No! I found a whole stack of them in the living room!" To which my mom said "NO JOE!!!! I was saving those!!!!!" Oh well...so we have no evidence of Joe being in the Hutch paper. Whatever. :)

IMG_0479 

They even found a picture of Matt's brother Jak to wrap one of his gifts in! :) IMG_0480

 Boo is such a helpful dog. :) IMG_0482

IMG_0485

Another Christmas tradition...the Christmas Tree shaped cinnamon rolls! As always, whoever finds the pickle gets to pick the first cinnamon roll (this was a VERY big deal growing up!).

IMG_0489

IMG_0492

IMG_0495

We enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch (beef tenderloin...YUM!) before heading over to Wichita. IMG_0503

IMG_0505

IMG_0506

Again, I didn't take my camera to my grandparents or to Rob's parents that night. Christmas photo fail. I will do much better next year. MUCH better. I promise. Hope you all had as wonderful and blessed Christmas as we did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment