Sunday, September 18, 2011

A little more Friday night football...

I was able to spend a night in Hutch this last weekend and enjoyed some good family time at Joe Henry's football game and the state fair! Needless to say, I took tons of pictures, so I'm going to split it up into two posts. First up, a few pictures from the football game. Joe had quite the cheering section, again. That blessed little boy has a lot of people who love him!


Last minute instructions from the coach. 
IMG_3614

IMG_3616


Joe Henry is a lover not a fighter...unless you have the TV remote and won't give it to him....but for the most part...he is a lover. With that being said it is weird seeing him being so aggressive on the football field. Although, judging from some of Dreiling's nicknames for him (cupcake is among the internet appropriate ones), I think he still has a little bit of that loving side in him, thank goodness. As you can see in the little series below though, he can be aggressive when he needs to be. Note the two players on the ground in the last picture. Like I said before...Joe is tough to knock down!
IMG_3632

IMG_3633

IMG_3634

IMG_3674

Grandma and Grandpa Bear braved the wet and chilly weather to come watch Joe Henry play! Grandma looks so little next to Joe Joe Beans!
IMG_3701

Three Generations :)
IMG_3702


We are some of Joe's biggest fans. :)
IMG_3706


Although I would argue Savannah is maybe his biggest fan. :) She came to his game, in the cold, wet weather, while she was sick, when she had a volleyball tournament early the next morning, and it was her birthday. Dedication. :) I'm sure it helped that her friends were all there and some of them even organized for the entire band and student section to sing her happy birthday over half time. It was also a big day because Joe Henry finally officially asked her to homecoming....and apparently it was quite the hit. He hijacked the intercom system and buzzed into her room, where he started playing her song then after about a minute of that asked her to homecoming over the AP system. I don't remember any of my dates ever being so creative...apparently the boys of Hutch High have really stepped up their game.
IMG_3711

I will be back soon with some of my state fair pictures! Even after 25 years of going....it still doesn't get old. Although I can say, after my brief 24 hours in Hutch, I do NOT miss the fair traffic! :) Be back soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing action shots of the game! Are you sure you don't want to pursue a career in sports photography Char?

    ReplyDelete