Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wedding Season...

Last weekend, Bets and I got to go to another beautiful wedding. We loved being able to be witness to our sweet friend Krystin marry the love of her life, Grant. Betsy first met Krystin when they were wee little campers at Westminster Woods. I was fortunate enough to get to know both her and sister when I was a counselor and they were campers and then we all ended up working together on staff one summer as well. As always, we had a blast, because how could you not with all of those wonderful people. Unfortunately Robby missed out as he was celebrating his mom's birthday, but Betsy, Michael, and I managed to have a FANTASTIC time. Again what else would you expect....that camp crew is the best! :) I'm so glad Bets made it up from Arkansas and Michael was able to come down from KC. I miss my sister a lot and am realizing how much I took forgranted with her being just 45 minutes away for the last three years. I loved being able to spend time with her all weekend. We also got to spend some quality time over at my grandparents on that Saturday and enjoy the two things you are always guaranteed when you go to their house...a good glass of wine and some wonderful conversation. :) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

Now, here are some pictures from our great night! :) Their wedding was at the First E-Free church in Wichita and the reception was at the Boathouse downtown. I had never been there before and it was a super great place for a reception. It helped that when I was there it was filled with lots of wonderful people. :) Ok....onto the pictures!

IMG_3393



First Dance
IMG_3421


You will see a lot of pics of Bets and Michael dancing...because they were tearing it up. 
And because I like them. :) 
IMG_3435


Michael and I also took a spin on the dance floor. Good times were had...see pic below. :)
IMG_3440

IMG_3441


IMG_3448


Love my little sister. She is one of my favorite people...and my best friend. :) 
IMG_3470


I love these people, too. We had so much fun catching up and reminiscing about old jokes, camp stories, doing some energizers, and more. So great!
IMG_3476

IMG_3483

IMG_3481

Matt got darted. I also got darted about ten minutes into the reception...needless to say I was not prepared since I hadn't played the dart game in, oh, about three years. 
IMG_3486


Energizers!!!
IMG_3491

Like I said, Bets and Michael were tearing it up. Not only is he a great dancer...but he opens her door for her. All the time. And I like that....because I appreciate chivalrous gestures. You don't see them often enough.
IMG_3511

IMG_3512


Bets has some pretty sweet moves on her own as well. I had about ten other pictures I could have posted...but I'm saving those for blackmail later.
IMG_3518


One of my favorite co-counselors Joe and his love, Laura. I loved being able to catch up with both of them that night, as well!
IMG_3530

Cute girls :)
IMG_3540


Great band at the wedding! I loved that the bride got in on the action. 
IMG_3569

Closing down the party with one last dance. :)
IMG_3585

Couldn't be happier for you two!!! Enjoy the married life!
IMG_3593

No comments:

Post a Comment