Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Well, so much for that second post I was hoping to get up while I in Hawaii. We are now back (and have been for a week!), but I still have lots of pictures to share! Vacation was wonderful....warm, sunny, lots of free time, lots of KU basketball watching, my first official race (although I'm questioning the "official-ness" of it....more on that later), and more. I know I shared a few pictures of the first couple days...here is the story of the second part of our trip told through pictures!

As you know, while we were there we went got to go to three KU games...despite the fact that the gym was really small, in order to get the best seats you had to wait in line for a couple hours prior to the game. Here is Ruthie and I waiting..

image (1)

But the waiting was worth it...we never further up than five rows...and for the championship game we were in the 2nd and 3rd rows! Being so close, I was able to get some great shots of the game.

IMG_5124

A picture at halftime of the KU-Duke game....I wanted to make sure than anyone who saw me, knew I was a KU fan. :)

IMG_5121

I also got to meet Jay Bilas!!! He is my favorite announcer....FAVORITE! We had to wait a really long time to get to meet him, but it was totally worth it. He was just as nice and funny in person as he is when he is announcing the games.

IMG_5078

I also got to get a picture with Thomas Robinson....nice as can be. That kid deserves every accolade and nice thing coming his way.

IMG_5081

Here is a picture of the whole group that I stole from Ryan...the only picture we have of all of us in KU gear!

hawaii

In addition to the games we also spent lots of time on the beach. Unfortunately I didn't get as many pictures on the beach because I was always forgetting to put my camera in my beach bag...and even when I did put it in there, I would forget it was there! Here are a few pictures of Robby and I snorkeling.

IMG_5088

He makes me laugh. :)

IMG_5094

IMG_5097

And while we are on beach pictures, even though it is a little out of order...here is Ruthie, Alan, and I on our last morning in Hawaii.

hawaii2

The boys also went golfing one morning. Robby took 2nd and was VERY happy with that finish. Ryan golfs quite often and Alan is usually a better golfer than Robby...so he was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I stole this picture (and the jumping one above) from Ryan as well.

hawaii3

On Thanksgiving morning Robby, Rob, Ann, and I all took off to take part in a Turkey Trot! Ann was the official picture taker, Rob ran the 2.6 mile Turkey Trot, and Robby and I ran the 8.6 mile Turkey Trot. This was my first official race and I was so nervous/excited. Those nerves kind of went away though when one of the "race" officials stood up on a large rock and started shouting out directions for the race..."You are going to start running this way, when you get to the highway take a left....run to the gas station where there is a fork in the road and go left again....when you get to the cattle guard, turn around and come back." Haha...and that was it. The race ended up being incredibly hilly....starting out with big, loopy hills, and turned into small quick hills...however the ocean view the whole way made it a little easier. We finished a few seconds over 1:50 minutes...and while I was hoping to finish a little faster than that, knowing what the course was like...I'm just glad I finished! :)

Here is a picture before the race. We are both looking a little tired...which is weird since all we had been doing for the previous 6 days was laying on the beach and watching basketball.

IMG_5139

This picture was RIGHT after we crossed the line. It may look like Robby just put his arm around me for the picture, but I'm pretty sure he was holding me up. The last mile of the race was uphill...with the last .1 to .2 miles being VERY steep.

image

YAY! We finished! Please take note of the beautiful view behind us. :)

IMG_5143

This is our final meal....Thanksgiving dinner....in Hawaii! It was such a great trip!

IMG_5151

IMG_5148

IMG_5150

After we flew back, we literally straight from the airport to Joe Henry's state football game! Spoiler alert...the Salthawks won! :) I will be back with pictures from that game either later tonight or tomorrow morning! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment