Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I love a good surprise...and home.

Just got back from a whirlwind of a "vacation." Betsy and I decided we couldn't let my mom leave for Africa for almost three weeks without seeing her. So we jumped in the car yesterday, swung through Lawrence to run an errand (let's just say my brothers will soon be the owners of two very cute shirts...and we may or may not have gotten a couple things for ourselves), made a quick stop in Newton at the house, then headed on to Hutch where we surprised my Mom! We were both sure my Dad would spill the beans...but he didn't and I think she really was surprised! She leaves on Friday to take off for Morocco where she is going to work in an orphanage for abandoned children. If you would please say a few prayers for her, she and my family would sure appreciate it!

Due to the quick nature of the trip...I only have a few pictures, courtesy of my iPhone.

We went to Skaet's, the local greasy spoon restaurant, for breakfast this morning...mmmm mmmm mmmm! Just us original four since Ted is still out at WMW and Joe Henry is out beating people up at Pitt State football camp. If you look closely at the pic above, you will see that my Dad and I ordered the same thing, one hot cake and two eggs over easy! Probably my favorite breakfast (and I probably got it from him).

Next up are just a couple pictures of the pup...Bets went a little crazy so I had a lot to choose from...her dog Boo (the blondie) likes to dig holes and lay in the baby pool...hence the reason she looks like such a mess!

 Tugg is next....poor guy just gets worn out by Boo...and here I feel like he is just pleading to leave with us!

The last picture is a little silly...we were driving back and Betsy was munching on some peanut M&Ms and when she poured some out a handful they were all blue! She started yelling, "What are the odds?! What are the odds?!" Then looked at the package and did the math....I think she came up with something like 3%. She also go excited because the one she pulled out right before this was yellow...it was like the bag of M&Ms knew were were in Hutch. :)

Now I really should go ziplock bag the contents of all the "junk" drawers in the house! I took a little tumble down the stairs earlier this week while trying to carry an old box tv down the stairs. Apparently I do not have super human strength, nor do I have cat like reflexes. I somehow landed flat on my face in our foyer with the tv on my back (how it got there I don't know). Luckily, Betsy and Callie were sleeping over (maybe I should have asked for help in the first place) and they were able to run in, move the tv, and stand there while I laugh/cried at what had just happened. They thought I should go to the doctor, I said no, the next Robby INSISTED/FORCED ME to at least go talk to our school trainer who after poking and prodding at my very sore ribs said I needed to go see a doctor about a broken rib. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but it appeared to be cracked with some muscle damage. Enough to get me out of lifting anything heavy for a couple weeks! Robby thinks I did it just so I wouldn't have to carry anything during the move. I told him that is just a happy coincidence....I guess I really did catch a little bit of a "lucky break." Hahahaha...I crack myself up. :)

Ok...now back to the packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment