Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's official...

....Robby and I are homeowners! We closed on our first home yesterday afternoon and wasted no time diving right in to the updates! When we were looking at houses Robby would make fun of me because the first thing I said after we went in to any home was, "oooohhhh....what if we changed this...it would be awesome!" He said my favorite parts of all the houses were the changes I already had in mind. :) It might be true. I have been so excited to buy a home ever since we got married and have showed him many "but it would be so perfect" houses online. However, knowing that the chance of us moving in the next couple years was pretty likely, Robby kept saying, "not yet." Now that we are making the move and planning on staying put for a while...it was the perfect time!


   I've pretty much planned my summer break around painting rooms, fixing up furniture, and making the new house truly ours. The only thing throwing a wrench in my plan is the fact that my mom is going to be in Africa during the move. Since Robby's answer to any of my questions requiring an opinion on paint colors, furniture placement, and decorating ideas is usually "whatever you want" (which don't get me wrong...I love that he gives me creative freedom), I am realizing more than ever I need my momma around to help me sort through all of the options! Speaking of...she will be blogging about her journey over on her new blog so you should check it out! I'm so proud of her for wanting to give back and helping others and am trying to get over the selfishness of wanting her here to help me.
    Here are a couple pictures from closing day and a little teaser of one of the updates to come! They started on our hardwood floors yesterday morning...wooohooo! That was one of the pre-requisites on the house hunt and when this house didn't have them I decided it was the first change we would make. Robby got to go see the almost finished product today and was gushing about how great they looked...which for him speaks volumes! :) I'll post some pictures after my trip down there this weekend!

Not our best pictures...self portraits in direct sunlight is tough!
Not much better...but at least you can kind of see the house in the background! :)
Hardwood floors!!! I'll do a full before and after update once they are all done!

I'll be back later with a couple of the baby pictures I took this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment